The following links provide you with information about various areas and stages of parenting—from birth to the teen years.
- Welcome to Parenthood Family Guide
- This guide provides some useful tips for you if you are welcoming a new baby and points you to helpful resources available across New York State. This publication was developed by the New York State Department of Health.
- New York State Parent Guide
- A website dedicated to helping new and expectant parents through the first five years of their child's life. It provides detailed information and resources around children's growth and development, along with assisting in nurturing the family unit and offering parenting tips. The website was developed by the Council on Children and Families in conjunction with New York State.
- Adventures in Parenting
- This guide provides you with developmentally-appropriate guidelines (birth through age14) for responding to, monitoring, and mentoring your child; preventing risky behaviors; and modeling your own behavior in order to be a positive influence. This publication was developed by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- Parenting Tips Sheets
- Here you will find a collection of tip sheets providing guidance around the many surprises and challenges you may face as a parent, such as internet safety, bullying prevention, and discipline. These tip sheets were developed by Prevent Child Abuse New York.
- The Parent Helpline (1-800-Children)
- The Parent Helpline is a free, confidential information and referral service for anyone who has questions or concerns about a child or family. Services are provided in many languages and specialists are available every day from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. The helpline is sponsored by Prevent Child Abuse New York.