The following links provide you with information about a variety of health topics that may be of interest to you if you are pregnant or newly parenting
Get Ready, Get Set to Have a Healthy Baby
Do you want to know what pregnancy is like? Are you curious about the choices you may have about giving birth? If these are questions you have then this website from the NYS Department of Health provides you with those answers and a lot more information about pregnancy, delivery, and the postpartum period.
Special Considerations during Pregnancy
Along with general questions about pregnancy and delivery, you may have specific questions regarding your health and safety during pregnancy. Below is a list of topics that may be of interest to you but always remember that this information should not serve as a substitute for the professional recommendations made by your family’s obstetrician.
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy (ACOG)
- Pregnancy during the Teenage Years (ACOG)
- Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs during pregnancy (ACOG)
- Multiple Birth (ACOG)
- Domestic Violence (NYSDOH)
We know that breastfeeding is your best option for nourishing your child but it is not an easy process. Below you will find some helpful resources that answer questions you may have about breastfeeding.
- NYS Department of Health Breastfeeding your baby
- NYS Department of Health Breastfeeding mothers’ bill of rights
- Office of Women’s Health Breastfeeding Advice Videos—Overcoming Challenges
Contraception and Birth Control
Below you will find some helpful resources that answer questions you may have about types of birth control and availability to you.
- Office of Women’s Health Birth Control Methods Fact Sheet
- NYS Department of Health Comprehensive Family Planning and Reproductive Health Program
Having a baby can be a very stressful experience for many parents. Below you will find information and resources to explore if you have questions about how you have been feeling since having your baby.