HFNY Training Team
Prevent Child Abuse NY is a private, not-for-profit agency serving all of New York State whose mission is to prevent child abuse in all its forms, with a focus on community programs and public policies that prioritize prevention right from the start, to make sure child abuse and neglect never occur. PCANY oversees the Training and Staff Development Team for HFNY. See their website here for staff bios and more information.
New and cross-trained Family Resource Specialists (FRS) and Family Support Specialists (FSS) are oriented and prepared for their roles through basic training provided by Prevent Child Abuse New York (PCANY). Supervisors and Program Managers receive their basic training from offerings facilitated by the three branches of HFNY Central Administration. The skills and knowledge of staff are further developed through offerings such as the PCANY Prenatal Training Modules and Workbooks, the In-House Family Goal Plan Training and the Transfer of Learning website. These and various other training resources are provided on this page.
Contact Tina Tison for more information or to be added to the distribution list.
- Guidance for using the Training Checklist and Training BPS report in the HFNY MIS (last updated 08/18/23)
- Listing of Training Codes and Topics from the HFNY MIS (last updated 08/02/23)
- Healthy Families Training Details Memo (last updated 11/21/23)
- CA Message on Transition to FROG (last updated 10/2021)
- Transfer of Learning Site
- Guide to Websites (last updated 09/27/21)
- HFNY Common Acronyms and Abbreviations (last updated 05/20/21)
Links to HFNY Trainings
HFNY Financial Literacy WebinarAssessing Families Financial Needs slide deck
Assessing Families Financial Needs YouTube video (last updated 09/21/22)
- Child Abuse Maltreatment Policy Presentation-GA-4 (last updated 11/13/23)
ⓘ The HFNY self paced trainings have now been transitioned to the Transfer of Learning and Training website! Please visit that site to access all the trainings formerly listed here including prenatal training, FGP, Service Plan, Multi-Site System Orientation and Child Abuse Maltreatment Policy Presentation.