What Makes Us Unique
- Is the first Healthy Families America (HFA) accredited multi-site system in the nation and program practices are based on 25 years of research about the best ways to help children and families.
- Is managed by a strong infrastructure that includes evaluation, training, quality assurance and an extensive data system, mechanisms that aid in improving day-to-day practices.
- Focuses on parent/child interaction and bonding.
- Is open to first-time parents as well as parents with multiple children, who are pregnant and/or have at least one child less than three months of age.
- Encourages an active role for fathers.
- Workers are hired from the same communities the program serves. They know the neighborhoods and understand the culture. Many HFNY workers speak a variety of languages, including American Sign Language.
- Partners with other community programs and agencies to effectively connect families with needed services and resources such as health care providers; early childhood providers; social service agencies; family and social support services; employment, training, and education programs; and counseling and support services.