The following links provide you with information about various areas and stages of parenting—from birth to the teen years.
- Welcome to Parenthood Family Guide
- This guide provides some useful tips for you if you are welcoming a new baby and points you to helpful resources available across New York State. This publication was developed by the New York State Department of Health.
- Adventures in Parenting
- This guide provides you with developmentally-appropriate guidelines (birth through age14) for responding to, monitoring, and mentoring your child; preventing risky behaviors; and modeling your own behavior in order to be a positive influence. This publication was developed by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- Parenting Tips Sheets
- Here you will find a collection of tip sheets providing guidance around the many surprises and challenges you may face as a parent, such as internet safety, bullying prevention, and discipline. These tip sheets were developed by Prevent Child Abuse New York.
- The Parent Helpline (1-800-Children)
- The Parent Helpline is a free, confidential information and referral service for anyone who has questions or concerns about a child or family. Services are provided in many languages and specialists are available every day from 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. The helpline is sponsored by Prevent Child Abuse New York.